Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Is Life a Zero-Sum Game?

What if life is not a zero sum game? What if someone else doesn't have to lose so I can win?

Pondering on these questions and how we would choose to act if they could be true can lead us some really great places. Here's another one for you - how can I change the rules to make it a game I want to play?

In fact, changing the rules is exactly what Ghandi did when facing down the British.

It's easy to get suckered into believing the rules of the game are as presented; and yet what if there are other options, how would we choose to play then?

Send your thoughts to me at techsurvivor@soaringmountain.com - I'm interested in hearing what rules you think are "given" , non-negotiable.

What old assumptions can you ditch that would make your life better?