Thursday, September 06, 2007

Take Me Out to the... Meeting

What should have been a simple, get on SR-520 from the last entrance and scoot across the bridge, commute for an 11am appointment turned out to be considerably longer than 15 minutes it usually takes me in the middle of the day.

So I turn on the radio to find out what odd accident is responsible and discover that - hey - there's a Microsoft Annual Meeting scheduled to start at... wait for it... 11am! I feel sorry for all the folks that must've been late. Good thing I wasn't heading to the SoDo district myself.

Hmmm... I'm thinking that with that many people traveling from Redmond and Bellevue to Safeco Field, they ought to be publicizing these events way in advance, just like baseball games. I'm just sayin'.

Dunno how they'd do it so's I'd notice but it'd be helpful if someone could figure that out.

Fun commute stories or interesting info about the meeting? Send them to me at techsurvivor@soaringmountain.com - I like surprises. I like the fun ones that don't make me late the best.

How do you handle surprises?