Monday, July 10, 2006

Another Link in the Chain

By the end of my senior year in high school, I was literally counting the days until my release. I made for myself a belt of paperclips, one for each day and then removed a paperclip from the chain each evening. Today, I build links out of ideas more often than paperclips. Sometimes the two go together - like just after having written about the movie Paper Clips, I learned that Red Paper Clip guy, Kyle MacDonald, is finally going to be getting his house.

Ultimately, both are stories about possibilities. And paper clips. I'll probably never see a paper clip the same way again.

What do the symbols in your life represent?

~~.~~~.~~~~~.~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kimm Viebrock is an ICF-credentialed Associate Certified Coach who helps technology professionals and service-oriented technology groups develop and use their skills more effectively and increase their value within the larger organization, allowing them to do more, do it better and have more fun doing it. Kimm is devoted to finding the connectedness in life.